Job Description & Offer
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician to take on the role of IT Officer (ITO) working onboard latest generation of super ferries. The ITO will maintain ships computer and automation systems as well as diagnostic systems and networks aiming for the highest availability and functionality across all maritime and onboard services departments.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.) found on board and maintain a 99% availability of IT services
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications of onboard services, marine automation and remote diagnostics systems.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance including CCTV , Payment and Entertainment services
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
Proven experience as IT Technician, previous experience on new buildings would be considered an advantage. Very good knowledge of English language both spoken and written. Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills. Excellent communication ability. Outstanding organizational and time-management skills. In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks. Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles. HND / Foundation Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field. Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT professional). Ships safety training , Medical certification, advanced fire fighting , boat handling and sea survival certificates (as per STCW 111/A).
Job Offer Valid Until
30 November 2022
Contract Start Date
1 November 2022