Job Description & Offer
Salary: 9000 USD
Contract duration: 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off
The Second Engineer Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the Departmental Standing Orders are understood and complied with by all Technical Department personnel.
- Ensuring that all maintenance work activities are carried out safely and diligently, using good engineering practice, observing the Code of Safe Working Practices and the Company’s Safety Management System.
- Instructing the Engine Room Chief Petty Officer for the cleaning and maintenance of the machinery spaces.
- Receiving regular reports from the Electro-Technical Officer and Shipwright to ensure that work from which a hazardous situation may result is carried out with his authority and oversight.
- Ensuring that the requirements of the Company and statutory training programs are met.
- Maintaining an interest in any delegated area of responsibility that is specified by the Senior Chief Engineer Officer.
- If required, performing Engine Room watch-keeping duties in a manner necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the ship’s plant and machinery and the protection of the environment.
- The 2EO must have or hold: Substantial experience as an Engineer Officer of Class 1 Passenger or Class 2 Freight/Passenger vessels sufficient to have a good understanding of all technical aspects of operating a Class 2 RoRo Passenger and Freight Ferry. A Certificate of Competency as STCW III/2 Chief Engineer, Unlimited. - A current ENG 1 Medical Certificate. - A suitable knowledge of the relevant security requirements of the ISPS Code The ability to lead Officers and Ratings of the Technical department Good communication & interpersonal skills. - The Jobholder must be able to liaise closely with all other departments of the Company, ashore and afloat. - The ability to co-ordinate maintenance issues with all departments on board. - Appropriate administrative skills. - The ability to prepare AS&DD / Refit / Repair Yard work lists. A sound understanding of Risk Assessment procedures and Planned Maintenance requirements
Job Offer Valid Until
15 December 2022
Contract Start Date
1 November 2022